QVCS-Enterprise Product Summary
QVCS-Enterprise is a 100% Java version control system that offers many of the same features
of other more widely known version control products at a fraction of the cost. Because it is Java based, it is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Solaris 10 platforms. In addition, QVCS-Enterprise is a client/server application specifically designed for use over the Internet. Use QVCS-Enterprise for geographically dispersed teams, and use it for local teams as well.
- Store/retrieve file revisions.
- Insert keywords into your source code or binary files for automated documentation and audit trail generation.
- Keep track of who changed what, and when they changed it.
- Enter a comment at checkout time. That comment becomes the default comment at checkin time.
- Label revisions for a release.
- Restore a project to an earlier labeled release.
- Control modification access to files at the project level.
- Use built-in visual compare tool to compare files to earlier revisions or compare revisions to other revisions.
- Create a parallel development branch (branching).
- Easy migration from QVCS or QVCS-Pro.
- Create a variety of reports including:
- report all locked revisions
- report all revisions locked by an individual, or set of individuals
- report all revisions created after a release
- report all revisions created by a single individual, or set of individuals
- report revisions created between two dates
- report all revisions that have a given label
- report any AND'd combination of the above
- Show at a glance all local files that are different from the latest checked in revision.
- Define named file filters to easily filter the set of files that will get displayed.
- View all the files of a single project within a single file list.
- Drag-and-drop a single file selection from the file list onto any target that accepts a file.
- Use drag-and-drop to move a single file from one directory to another within the same project.
- Rename a file.
- Create a read-only date based view so you can see what a project looked like at some time in past.
- Create a read-only label based view.
- Create a read-write label based view so you can easily create a patch release of a product based on an existing label.
- Manage user roles at the project level using a separate, secure admin tool.
- Use a fine-grained authorization model to govern which users are permitted to perform various actions.
- Use custom Ant task to perform bulk 'get' and 'label' operations.
- Connect to the QVCS-Enterprise server via the Internet, VPN, LAN, or locally.
- Define and enable file groups so that selection of one member of the file group will automatically select all members of that file group. (A file group is a set of files that share the same file name, but have different file extensions).
- If installing the server on Windows, you can run the server as a Windows service so it starts automatically when your Windows server machine boots up.
- On Windows platforms, integrate with IDEs that support Microsoft's SCC API. This includes Microsoft's VS 2005, VS 2003, VS 6.0, VB 6.0, Sybase's PowerBuilder, and others.
- And more ...
QVCS-Enterprise makes it easy to:
- Get your development process under control.
- Coordinate file changes with off-site developers.
- Use a single version control tool for your Linux and Windows developers.
- Have confidence that you can recreate a past release.
- Create reports to show what has changed since the last release.
- Create a report to show what files are contained in the last release.
- Create a patched release of a product.
Why buy QVCS-Enterprise instead of QVCS or QVCS-Pro?
QVCS-Pro and QVCS are both great tools for Windows developers working alone, or Windows developers working in small teams at the same location. But what if some members of your team don't share the same office location? This is where QVCS-Enterprise really shines. It's designed from the ground up to provide excellent performance for geographically distributed teams.
QVCS-Enterprise is also a great fit for teams that use Linux, or use Linux, Windows, and other platforms. Because QVCS-Enterprise is written in Java, it can run on any platform that has a 1.5 (or later) JVM.
The QVCS-Enterprise product includes the server, a client application, an IDE client .dll (for Windows only), and a separate admin tool.
These applications can be deployed on a single machine (when working alone, for example), or on separate machines, as required.
On-line documentation is included with the server and is 'published' by the server via a simple built-in web server.
QVCS-Enterprise licenses are sold per concurrent client. IDE integration counts as a client, so running the client application and IDE integration at the same time counts as 2 users.
QVCS-Enterprise System Requirements:
- Java J2SE 1.5 or later.
- Server machine should have 512 Meg or more.
- 20 Meg minimum disk space for applications and archives.
- Client machine(s) should have 384 Meg or more.
- IDE integration (Windows only) requires a user supplied IDE that supports Microsoft's SCC API.
- Supported on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris platforms.