QVCS Product Summary
QVCS is a version control system that offers most of the features of other more widely known applications at a fraction of the cost. Compare QVCS to commercial packages costing more than 10 times as much. You'll find that QVCS offers a tremendous value.
- Store/retrieve file revisions.
- Insert keywords into your source code or binary files for automated documentation and audit trail generation.
- Use a global journal file to keep track of all changes to files in your project(s).
- Keep track of who changed what, and when they changed it.
- Enter a comment at checkout time. That comment becomes the default comment at checkin time.
- Label revisions for a release.
- Restore a project to an earlier labeled release.
- Allow modification access to files on a file by file basis.
- Compare files to earlier revisions or compare revisions to other revisions.
- Create a parallel development branch (branching).
- Merge edits made to the same revision.
- Create a variety of reports including:
- report all locked revisions
- report all revisions locked by an individual, or set of individuals
- report all revisions created after a release
- report all revisions created by a single individual, or set of individuals
- report revisions created between two dates
- report all revisions that have a given label
- report any revision with a revision comment that contains a given text string
- report any AND'd combination of the above
- save the report to a text file
- Show at a glance all local files that are different from the latest checked in revision.
- Show all the files of an entire project's directory hierarchy in a single file list window.
- Sort by file status so that out of date or edited files are easy to find.
- Perform operations at both the individual file level, or at the project level.
- Define a variety of durable file filters to easily filter the set of files that will get displayed.
- Search revision descriptions for a specific string.
- And more ...
QVCS makes it easy to:
- Get your development process under control.
- Coordinate file changes so developers don't step on each others' work.
- Have confidence that you can recreate a past release.
- Create reports to show what has changed since the last release.
- Create a report to show what files are contained in the last release.
- Create a patched release of a product.
QVCS includes a GUI application that allows you to perform all your common activities, and 14 command line utilities that allow you to automate your repetitive configuration management tasks.
QVCS includes extensive on-line help. A manual (in .pdf format) is also available for download.
QVCS System Requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- 128 Meg recommended.
- 20 Meg minimum disk space for application and archives.