QVCS-Pro Product Summary
QVCS-Pro is a version control system that offers most of the features of other more widely known applications at a fraction of the cost. Compare QVCS-Pro to commercial packages costing more than 10 times as much. You'll find that QVCS-Pro offers a tremendous value.
- Store/retrieve file revisions.
- Insert keywords into your source code or binary files for automated documentation and audit trail generation.
- Use a global journal file to keep track of all changes to files in your project(s).
- Keep track of who changed what, and when they changed it.
- Enter a comment at checkout time. That comment becomes the default comment at checkin time.
- Label revisions for a release.
- Restore a project to an earlier labeled release.
- Allow modification access to files on a file by file basis.
- Compare files to earlier revisions or compare revisions to other revisions.
- Create a parallel development branch (branching).
- Merge edits made to the same revision.
- Create a variety of reports including:
- report all locked revisions
- report all revisions locked by an individual, or set of individuals
- report all revisions created after a release
- report all revisions created by a single individual, or set of individuals
- report revisions created between two dates
- report all revisions that have a given label
- report any revision with a revision comment that contains a given text string
- report any AND'd combination of the above
- save the report to a text file
- Show at a glance all local files that are different from the latest checked in revision.
- Show all the files of an entire project's directory hierarchy in a single file list window.
- Sort by file status so that out of date or edited files are easy to find.
- Perform operations at both the individual file level, or at the project level.
- Define a variety of durable file filters to easily filter the set of files that will get displayed.
- Search revision descriptions for a specific string.
- Drag-and-Drop to allow easy file retrieval and easy checkin operations.
- IDE integration so that you can use QVCS-Pro as your version control tool within many popular Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio.net 2003, Visual Basic, VC++, PowerBuilder, and others that support the Microsoft SCC API).
- Define a trigger program to associate with a version control operation so that you can integrate your own processes with version control activities.
- Create your own trigger .dll to perform your own business process before or after a version control operation.
- Recursive command line tools. This allows you to get (for example) all the files of a project with a single command.
- And more ...
QVCS-Pro makes it easy to:
- Get your development process under control.
- Coordinate file changes so developers don't step on each others' work.
- Have confidence that you can recreate a past release.
- Create reports to show what has changed since the last release.
- Create a report to show what files are contained in the last release.
- Create a patched release of a product.
- Integrate your version control activities with any IDE that supports Microsoft's SCC API.
- Use triggers to integrate your own business processes into your version control activities.
Why buy QVCS-Pro instead of QVCS?
For the busy developer, QVCS-Pro includes these added features to you help save time:
- QVCS-Pro integrates with most IDEs that support the Microsoft SCC API. These include popular tools like Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio.Net 2003, Sybase's PowerBuilder, plus many others. IDE integration means you can perform your common version control actions (like check-out, check-in, and get latest version) without having to leave the IDE.
- QVCS-Pro has drag-and-drop support to and from the file list panel. This means you can use QVCS-Pro to easily drag a copy of the current workfile onto your tool of choice, or use Windows Explorer to drop a file onto the file panel to add it to version control, or to check it in.
- QVCS-Pro includes a command line tool that makes it a snap to perform command line operations on an entire directory hierarchy. For example, with QVCS-Pro, you can issue a single command get all the files in your project.
- QVCS-Pro includes support for triggers. Triggers are separate commands or programs that you write that QVCS-Pro can optionally invoke either before or after a given version control operation. Using triggers, you can insert your own business logic into the version control process.
QVCS-Pro includes a GUI application that allows you to perform all your common activities, and 15 command line utilities that allow you to automate your repetitive configuration management tasks.
QVCS-Pro includes extensive on-line help. A manual (in .pdf format) is also available for download.
QVCS-Pro System Requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- 128 Meg recommended.
- 20 Meg minimum disk space for application and archives.